Healthy Spot cares about a healthy environment. The air we breathe, the food we eat, and the water we drink are shared by our pets and us alike. It is our commitment to contribute to a healthier planet through our business practices. Some examples:
- Healthy Spot is Bullfrog-powered with 100% BC-based wind power.
- Whenever possible, we seek out quality products from local manufacturers, therefore cutting down on the amount of travel which decreases the consumption of fuel and the amount of pollution.
- We purchase from suppliers who use sustainable manufacturing practices. For example, we carry toys and accessories produced from recycled pop and water bottle fibers, diverting plastics from the landfills.
- At the store our customers will find their purchases bagged in recycled paper bags made in Canada.
- Take a look around. From food, treats, leashes and collars, clothing, and beds, you will find products everywhere made in Canada, and even from right here in the Okanagan Valley!
- At Healthy Spot we use 100% recycled paper in all of our printers.
- Staff recycle everything they possibly can and only use non-toxic, natural cleaners in the store.
It is our commitment to contribute to a clean and healthy environment for us all.